I am a software developer based in Derbyshire, UK.
What do I code in?
Lots of stuff over the last 25 years, but most recently:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Business Central
- Lisp and Scheme in various guises
- Chicken Scheme
- Emacs Lisp
- I have 20 years experience of using various distributions of Linux. I currently use Manjaro.
- In my non-work life, Linux is all I use.
- Docker. Love Docker.
- I use Vim to edit my code. Failing that: VsCode with Vim keybindings.
Command line: I prefer to use the command line wherever possible:
- Linux: I use Bash or zsh
- Windows: I use Bash under Cygwin
- Git: I do all my day-to-day usage of git from the command line
- When I use the command line, I'm in command!
Meat and potatoes
Yes, I do all the stuff that almost goes without saying for a modern-day developer:
- Webs services in their various forms
- ad nauseum...
- Yes, I do all the stuff that almost goes without saying for a modern-day developer:
A simple website
And what am I trying to say? I don't know. I'm just a guy who loves to code.